It is regretful that Kelsey's experience staying at my beach house led her to write such a negative review and rate the listing at 2 points. I truly appreciate Kelsey's comments and they will become items on a bullet list to make my house more attractive for renting.
Fortunately, most, if not all, of the issues listed by Kelsey are on their way to being fixed by summer. Let me explain in detail:
1) Open plan house; I will build a door and a side wall on the loft to provide privacy.
2) The new caretaker's house is being built, away from the main house. This project was started over a month ago.
3) I cannot control the extremely high temperatures we have experienced in April in Nicaragua. It will probably be recorded as the hottest April in history. Some folks still believe global warming is a hoax...I will, however, provide a fan in the bedroom to help the situation.
4) As part of the new construction project, I am piping soft city water to the shower and the sink.
5) The new horse quarters is almost ready. The pig will be sacrificed May 14th. I have my own chicken coop. I will continue working with the neighbor to keep his chickens and roosters off my property. The dogs and cats will stay.
6) My new caretaker "forgot" I had a spare propane tank. Pilot error.
7) I am having the entrance from the gate to the house paved with slate stone.