Il Posto delle Viole - farm holiday - offers its guests six elegant apartments and traditional country cooking, while horses are available for wonderful excursions on hill and mountain paths.
Ingen omtaler (endnu)
Denne bolig har ingen omtaler. Hvis du bor her, vil din omtale være synlig her.
We are two brothers, Cesare and Giuliano Baldeschi, with our partners, Catia and Monica, our children Viola and Demetra, and Asia and Maria Sole. Aided by our mothers, fathers and grandparents, we run a small organic farm of seven hectares:
• we grow fruit trees (apple, pear, fig, plum and cherry) olives and truffle-growing trees; in our orchard, as “agricultural custodians”, we care for historic varieties of native fruit trees typical of our region and in danger of extinction;
• in our vegetable garden and greenhouse (heated by photovoltaic energy) we produce vegetables throughout the year and in our food workshop, we use fruit and vegetables to make jams, jellies, sauces, preserves in oil, pickles, etc;
• we rear Italian breeds of hens (Padovana, Ancona and Leghorn) that produce tasty healthy white eggs;
• we look after fifty beehives that provide us with top-quality honey;
• and we really enjoy looking after and having fun with our Catria horses which safely take us on marvellous excursions.
We have always had a passionate interest in organic farming and horses, so we looked for a beautiful place where we could live, bring up our children and pursue our interests.
In 2000 we acquired a small farm with a derelict house and after five years’ work, the stalls and farmhouse became the Casa Gialla (“Yellow House”), where we now live, while the hayshed was converted into the Casa Rossa (“Red House”) with two apartments, Lavinia and Maria Sole, reserved for guests.
Having thoroughly enjoyed the experience of welcoming visitors and our relationships with our guests, we decided to persevere with a project for eco-sustainable high-quality tourism. So in 2009 we began to convert a late 19th-century brick furnace, which had been abandoned and overrun with briars, situated on a plot of land not far from the Casa Gialla.
In 2012 we inaugurated 4 splendid apartments for our guests: Asia, Viola, Rosa and Iris. Equipped with all mod cons, they have elegant furnishings and broad verandas with sun shades, where you can rest, read or simply chill out.
In our life project, ecology and environmental sustainability are important values and that is why we have refurbished all the apartments using eco-friendly building techniques with natural materials and paints.
We have adopted systems for saving water and the natural treatment of waste waters, while we produce electric energy with photovoltaic equipment.