Up to 10 guests: 3 bedrooms in the house & option of 2 further bedrooms in cottage annex. "House and location are quite simply stunning. Can't fault this place. The local walks are magnificent" (guest review August 2017). Provides a comfortable contemporary living style with woodland, river banks & fields in a beautiful valley on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Wonderful walking country between Hay-on-Wye and Abergavenny. Secluded and private, but not far from pubs, restaurants and shops.
In one of the most beautiful rural locations in the UK, the house was converted from an 18th century barn, combining original oak beamed character with a comfortable, contemporary living style.
There are marvellous views of Offa's Dyke and Red Daren from the house and cottage.
A great feature of the house and cottage is the ability to walk directly on to public footpaths leading to Black Hill, the Offa's Dyke footpath, and Hay Bluff.
Guest review April 2017: "Amazing house and location for a family weekend away. The house was comfortable and warm and had everything we needed to cook with. The log burner kept us really toasty in the evenings whilst watching films on the home cinema set up. We walked from the house on the public footpath with dog and 4 week old baby in a sling across the fields into Longtown, stopped at the pub for a drink, and the shop for supplies and walked back via the road. We also headed over to the other side of the valley to explore the landscape, less than 10 minute drive and then on foot again up the mountain. Very relaxed. The views are amazing."
Guest review January 2017: "A beautiful house tucked away in a peaceful and scenic situation. No noise or light pollution made this a very relaxing location. The wood burner was very welcome on a cold January weekend, as was the Aga, meaning the house was always very pleasantly warm and cosy."
The house and cottage annex provide spacious accommodation for up to 10 guests.
Different generations of the same family can holiday together comfortably, whilst retaining their own private spaces.
The house and cottage annex have:
Large living room with 14kW Clearview wood burning stove and home cinema system with blu-ray player and wi-fi connection to Apple TV, and to iPlayer via your personal device.
Five double bedrooms. Please note that one of the bedrooms is an
open gallery above the living room.
Bathroom with WC.
Two shower rooms with WCs.
Outdoor covered kitchen with two gas BBQs; large outdoor dining table
ACCESSIBILITY:- There are stairs to three of the bedrooms and one bathroom. There is stair-free access to kitchen, dining room, living room, two shower rooms and two bedrooms.
The house and cottage provide privacy and tranquility, yet are only 5 minutes drive from the nearest village, with shop, pub and post office.
Adgang for gæster
Groups have sole access to the house and, optionally, the cottage annex. Guests are free to enjoy the surrounding 20 acres of fields, woodland and riverbank. There is direct access to a network of public footpaths.
Kontakt med gæster
During rentals, Michael stays only an hour away, and can be contacted by phone, text or email.
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
There is wi-fi in the house but not in the cottage.
There is a home cinema system in the house with blu-ray player and wi-fi connection to Apple TV, and to iPlayer via your personal device.
1. Guests must have Airbnb Verified ID.
2. The person booking must be one of the guests staying during the reservation.
3. The house and cottage annex are for the use of your group of up to ten guests only.
4. We don't offer the option of paying for a cleaning service, so guests need to allow enough time on the departure morning for cleaning and should ensure that the house is left as clean and tidy as they found it.
5. The gas BBQs should be cleaned after each use following the instructions that you will find under the lids.
6. On departure the house should be left clean and tidy and furniture and equipment replaced to where you found them; the dishwasher should be emptied; used towels should be left in the bath; all refuse should be put in the wheelie bins at the top of the track (next to the gate leading to the lane) - grey/green bin for glass, paper, metal, plastic; black bin for all other waste.
7. Smoking is not permitted in the house or the cottage annex, on the oak deck or in the outdoor kitchen.
8. Candles must not be used in the house and cottage annex.
10. There is space for one medium/large breed dog, or two small breed dogs. If you wish to bring your dog, please send an enquiry with details before booking. A dog is only allowed in the kitchen and dining room of the house and must be kept overnight in the enclosed entrance area next to the kitchen. We don't allow our own dog or a guest's dog in the sitting room or bedrooms where there are soft furnishings and carpets, or in the cottage. Also, when outside in the fields around the house, your dog must be kept at all times on its lead, and any dog poo in the garden area must be cleared up.
11. The firewood in the house and the woodsheds has been specially dried and prepared for use only in the woodburning stove in the living room - no fires can be lit outside the house.