This spacious home is ideal for getting away and relaxing in Browns Lake, Wisconsin. The property is located on a one acre, secluded wooded lot creating a peaceful environment for short or long getaways. Enjoy canoeing, kayaking, swimming, fishing off our pier, and sunsets at our private community beach.
This waterfront cabin is located an hour from Chicago, near local amenities, on a peaceful channel with direct access to beautiful Brown's Lake. The 400 acre lake supports boating, water sports, swimming, and excellent year round fishing. Walk to our private community beach to enjoy breathtaking sunsets, sand-bottom swimming, and volleyball.
The home is spacious with divided areas for multiple families with ample parking, basement kids' tv room, spacious living room with a beautiful custom stone wood-burning fireplace. 4 bedrooms plus a loft area. The original cottage was built by Scottish brothers in the 20s with an addition completing the structure in the 60s. We've made many updates while trying to keep the charm of the original cabin's craftsmanship.
A large backyard and basketball net provide hours of outdoor entertainment. WiFi and 2 HDTVs with Roku/Amazon Prime Movies/CableTV are available. USB charging ports available on lamps in most bedrooms.
Fishing from our dock is for anglers of every age and skill - catch panfish, bass, (limited) catfish/carp, and northern pike.
In the winter ice fishing huts are available for rent (30-50$) from the local bait shop. Short drive to local ski resorts like Alpine Valley and Wilmot Mountain.
Launch your own boat or rent one (off lake) at Fischer County Park Boat Launch (small fee) and moor it at our home's large dock/pier. We recommend that boats have engine trim/tilt and biminis that lower to navigate our channel's viaduct - contact us for more details.
Adgang for gæster
You get the whole place! There's a keypad on the front door and we'll send your unique keycode for your stay prior to your arrival - No keys or cards to mess with. All areas are available except a few owner's closets and the basement utility room. Guests may use the propane gas grill, paddle boat, canoe, and 3 kayaks at their own risk. Assorted life jackets and safety throw cushions are available.
Kontakt med gæster
We have a key-less entry system and send a unique door code prior to your arrival. We are totally hands-off hosts - but a phone call or text away to assist with any issues or questions.
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Prime movie streaming are included in addition to cable TV. We are pet lovers and believe that whenever possible they should be included in vacation plans (no cats though). A pet cleaning fee of 35$ per pet/day and Pet Addendum agreement is required. Please let us know when inquiring about the home the age and breed of pet(s). Children above age 2 must be included in your guest count.
1. Guests should respect the peaceful, neighborhood environment and keep noise to a minimum. No parties.
2. There is no smoking (vape or traditional) within the home or garage.
3. Guests must sign a Wisconsin Short Term Rental Agreement.
4. Must be over 25 to rent.
5. We offer guests check-in via an electronic door code (no host present at check-in) and the home is frequently unoccupied therefore we have two external security cameras, one set on the front door and the other set on the back staircase. This is a recommendation from AirBNB. If you are uncomfortable with this please contact us for instructions on turning off security cameras during your stay.
6. If you want to bring your pet, a pet cleaning fee of 35$ per pet/day and Pet Addendum (simple SPCA) agreement is required. Please let us know when inquiring the age and breed of pet(s).
7. Children above age 2 must be included in your Guest Count.
8. As recommended by AirBNB, any additional visitors to the home, property, or Hall's Point common areas not included in the Booking Guest Count must be disclosed and pre-approved with us using AirBNB's message system prior to check in.
Fra 1. maj 2018 - 7. september 2018 er minimum for ophold 3 nætter.
We've been coming to Browns Lake for 20+ years and want to share this special lake's enjoyment with others. We love the outdoors: biking, golf, fishing, water sports, and many winter sports including ice fishing, sledding, hockey and skiing.
We met in high school and have been married for a few decades raising the two boys that you'll see in the photos.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do and want to make your trip a special one.