We have a cheap and cheerful bungalow at the back of our garden. It has a queen size bed, a bunk and spare futon that can be used on the floor. It could fit 5 at a squeeze and three comfortably. Its nothing fancy, large and more private than the rooms in the house.
People interested in eco living might like it best. We have goose down doonas that are super warm and will do our best to welcome you to our home.
There are several ways to set the room up so please tell us of you group.
This is a cheap and cheerful bungalow at the rear of our extensive garden. It has a double futon, bunk bed and spare mattress, two wardrobes, a chest of drawers and a single couch.
Adgang for gæster
You are welcome to our kitchen, bathroom, laundry (50c/kg for using the washing machine), lounge/dining room and extensive garden.
Kontakt med gæster
As much or little as you wish. We are pretty gregarious and also realise that sometimes poeple just want somewhere to crash.
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
This is one of the most eco homes in Australia with solar electricity, water harvesting, aquaponics, heratige orchard, compost toilet, grey water system, vegie garden, straw and earth rendered walls, chickens, fish farm, bees, the only pellet/central hydronic heater in australia and much more.
Our house is alive with all sorts of plants and animals busy growing and working away. The bees furiously making honey, the fish growing and providing nutrient for the plants, the worms processing fish wastes, the plants de-nitrifying the water for the fish, the chickens processing kitchens scraps into eggs, the spiders catching bugs and compost and all sorts of microbes and subsoil biota providing for the plants.
We have all sorts of people stay and are pretty flexible. Here are some of the usual practices
1. We take our shoes of at the door. We do this cause if feels nice, reduces the work cleaning floors and means we are not traipsing compost throughout the house. We have several crocs at the doors for us and guests. We usually just have a thickish pair of socks for the house in winter.
2. We don't kill all our household spiders. They do a job keeping the insects down in the house, especially when processing honey and they are fascinating to watch.
3. We turn appliances off at the power switches. A fella had this device and demonstrated how much electricity was being leaked when they were left on.
4. We have three bins in the kitchen - one for food scraps for the chooks, one for recycling and one for rubbish. Oh and please, no bottled water - its an eco nightmare and Melbourne's tap water is delicious.
5. When cooking, you must remain in the kitchen. 80% of household fires start with unattended cooking - so we ensure against this by insisting everyone remain in the kitchen when the stove is on.
6. Only Paul works the wood fired heater.
7. We enjoy children and welcome them to our house. Our house has at least the usual array of risks and you must supervise your children in the home at all times. We have a pond, bees and all sorts of ways to injure oneself. Please respect the risks.
8. Please respect others in the house who may be working. We like to reduce the noise after 10pm and before 8am.
9. We do not accept bookings from guests who are not vaccinated. We have a young son and like science, reasoning and randomised, double blind, placebo controlled replicable tests.
10. We require that guests treat others in our home including women and other guests who may be gay equally.
Denne vært har 106 omtaler af andre boliger.Se andre omtaler
We are having a ball with Airbnb, meeting lovely people from all over the world and sharing lots of stories of life and adventures. Our home is a somewhat rambling old austerity era home that we have 'ecofied' with PV panels, water tanks, straw walls, earthern render, water recycling, compost toilet, chooks, aquaponics, extensive food garden with over 100 edibles, combustion heater and more. The rooms vary, a couple with straw walls with an earthern render, loft queen size bed, desk and a queen size corner sofa bed (that we designed, built and upholstered ourselves). Oh and its 900m from a zone one train, close to bikeways including one direct from the airport.