we are always totally open to our guests suggestions, however, after reading your review we have realized you made a translation in (Hidden by Airbnb) and that's why most of your comments are not real and I know you meant to express a different ideas, however the translation wasn't correct. Because as you told me you prefered we communicated between us in Spanish because you didn't understand English and it is really strange you wrote this in English.
So, we would like to make clear some points:
- The historic building of the apartment is protected by Madrid Heritage due to its architectural value, charming and its antiquity, it was built on XIX century. For that reason, the walls are really thick and that's why it is so quiet.
Because of it is protection and location it is very well maintained and there is as well a concierge during the whole day who takes care of the builiding.
- The apartment has never been split, as we say in the listing, it is an studio and it is small, but it was like that originally. In Madrid, it is very usual to find small places.
- The bathroom doesn't have painting, is totally covered with tiles, so not possible it would be peeling... not paint at the bathroom. In the photos the tiles can be noticed.
- The tap is outdated, although it works well, you are right, and we are going to renovate it for a new and modern one.
- We can assure the bathtub is not chipped, however, it is an element we are going to change as well, for a new shower.
- The boiler is enough for 3 people (the usual capacity of the apartment is 2 people), however the hot water comes out inmediately and as it is a boiler, the hot water it is not infinite. If you stayed alone (as far as we know), we are sured you enjoyed a long shower.
- The heater was on the top of the wardrobe, you only had to ask us about it. I wrote you several times asking if you needed something and you confirmed you were perfectly at the apartment. We are available for our guests to make their stay the most comfortable as possible but we need to know its needs.
- About the sofa, again the (Hidden by Airbnb) translator played you a dirty trick... you meant there was a small stain in the sofa, it was made by our previous guests during the same day you arrived. After you left we could go into the apartment to make it disappear.
- Yes, there are 2 elevators and in the entrance of the building there is not even any step, so very easy access for your luggage as you told me.
- As well, you were really pleased when I booked you the taxi and I left you the breakfast. You appreciated it.
So, if you expected a bigger house I recommend you read carefully the descriptions of the listings, in this case we clearly say it is very small.
I hope this helps you to analize your translations and think seriously about it... as well, anything you need, be very sincere and let your next host know. Any host will be very pleased to help you with any enquiry or misunderstanding before leaving such an untrue review.
And I wish this answer helps other guests and hosts to be more objective when writing any review.