Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of the “Colonia” of Puerto Morelos conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and only 2 miles to the beach. Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, the guest house offers 8 romantic rooms and bungalows; 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without and all the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and each with unique décor designed by the owners. Most of them come with WI-FI.
- All our rooms are now listed on AirBnB so that you can choose the one that you really like. We may have some rooms available even when the AirBnB calendars show no availability - Please contact us to inquiry about availability -
THE ROOM 4:
- The Sky House Room is a large thatched roof, hut style bungalow way up on the second floor; our most popular room. It has two levels; the main floor and low roofline loft area. It offers a full-size (double) bed on both levels so it accommodates up to 4 people easily (each person over the 2nd, is charged $10 US each per night). This room has its private bath with door and hot shower, no kitchenette but comes with a small fridge to keep all your beverages cold. Ample room, it even has an inside hammock to siesta in. Plus it offers a balcony over the street to enjoy the tropical sunsets over the city rooflines.
A DIFFERENT CONCEPT IN LODGING:
- No luxury. Rustic bungalows / huts (palapas) and rooms with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration of each room. Only 8 cabins/palapas (bungalows) give a cozy ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Some rooms come a thatched roof - The breakfast is not provided -
A VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION:
- You are downtown Puerto Morelos, the town, two blocks from the main square on the West side of Highway MX307; however you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds and the roosters.
- Less than five minute drive to the beach (2 miles). We rent bicycles (at extra cost) so that the beach appears even closer.
- Easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis). The first class long range bus stop (ADO) is 3 blocks away, within walking distance.
- Less than 8 minutes drive (5.5 miles) to the newly open convention center of CancunMesse.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen; this is the perfect location to explore the Riviera Maya (25 minutes to the airport of Cancun, 35 minutes to Cancun, 30 minutes to Playa del Carmen, 1h45 minutes to Tulum, 4 hours to Chichen-itza).
- In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants and eateries within 2 or 3 blocks around the property. Convenient stores, mini-market stores, grocery store and also fruits and vegetables stands are nearby: get a quart of freshly squeezed juice for less than MX$15.00 Pesos -
- GPS coordinates:
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- Rates starting at $30.00 US dollars per night for a couple ($10.00 US Dollars per extra person per night). This price includes:
- a clean bedroom with its private bath (with hot water in the shower).
- each room comes with one full size bed. Some rooms have also an extra individual bed.
- a fan in each room - No A/C: the natural breeze, the shade provided by the vegetation and the traditional materials used in the construction of the bungalows and the rooms help provide most of the rooms with a nearly constant temperature.
- WIFI wireless internet access reach all rooms (except the room 8): so, bring your own laptop or web enabled phone. -
PERSONALIZED SERVICES AND FRIENDLY ATTENTION:
- We (the owners) spend endless hours on the property and we love to do our best to make sure that your stay will meet all your expectations. We know most of the "out-of-the-beaten-paths" tours, excursions and hidden paradises of the area; feel free to ask for advises and recommendations -
PETS ARE WELCOME:
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night. Your pets are welcome (at extra cost) if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture, to be on the bed / to be in the bed -
VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
At Casitas Kinsol, we have had visitors from 69 countries:
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Basque Country, Belgium, Brazil, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, England, Estonia, Euskadi, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, La Reunion, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Monte Negro, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, ... -
Feel free to look at our web site for more information and photos: you can find it by doing a search with the keyword "Casitas-Kinsol".
We interact as much as we possibly can with all our guests. When the opportunities arises, we love to take off with our guests on a tour or for a small drink at a local neighborhood bar or restaurant.
I arrived at Casitas Kinsol with crutches and a wheelchair for what was supposed to be a honeymoon of sorts, in need of recuperation and a good lifting of spirits having just left the hospital after an accident. Casitas Kinsol went far beyond being just welcoming, they made sure I was comfortable and cared for me at every turn. As a result, my spirits lifted quickly and I was able to enjoy the chill atmosphere that is Puerto Morelos. We consider ourselves lucky to have found both Casitas Kinsol and Puerto Morelos, which both provide a more down-to-earth oasis from the touristy, resort-filled surrounding areas of the Riviera Maya. Our room was very clean and comfortable, with a lot of character and a private balcony. Alain was an amazing host, giving us advice for our every step (or roll) and so we had an amazing experience with them and in Puerto Morelos in general. Kinsol is not next to the beach, but all the better for exploring the authentic Mexican dining experiences in town, and the beach and port are a few minutes away in a cab for 25 pesos, or can be reached quickly by one of their rental bikes (I wish I could have taken advantage of this!).We would LOVE to come back, any trip to Mexico should feature Casitas Kinsol if you are not of the Americanized resort sort of traveller and are more suited for an authentic cultural experience in paradise.
Casitas Kinsol is an oasis in Puerto Morelos. The property is serene, clean and full of character. We loved our room #4, we loved the dogs, and Christine and Alain were exceptional hosts. They gave excellent information about travelling in Mexico, and most importantly, their restaurant recommendations were much appreciated. We were in PM for over two weeks, and the best meals we had were our last two days in La Colonia. Oxox
this location is so sweet. Alain was really nice and very helpful.
I love staying with Christine and Alain! Casitas Kinsol is the only place I would consider staying while in Puerto Morelos. The area is very inexpensive and only a 25 minute walk (or $2 cab) to the beach.
Room 4 is gorgeous. It's two floors, a cute and clean bathroom, fridge and small balcony to the street. Felt like a treehouse and we loved it. The mosquito netting around the bed was needed as this room is thatched, so some bugs will get in, but the netting itself was fantastic. Being right on the street, you will hear lots of traffic, dogs and kids, but we liked that, it felt nice to be in a real neighborhood.
The bed felt quite new and was very comfortable and there's a safe in room 4 too. The shower has very little water pressure, and once we couldn't get any water at all, but it didn't really matter as we were on vacation and could just wait til it came back on an hour later. All in all, I would ask for this room again next time.
A great deal for the money and lovely hosts too. Thanks again!!
We loved staying at Casitas Kinsol, the place was beautiful. Christine and Alan were very helpful during the trip. Alan gave us lots of good suggestions, we had a wonderful time there !
Very cozy room in a multiple room corridor! Our room was upstairs and had two stories. The place was very clean and pleasant! We stayed only for one night and Christine was nice enough to check on my arrival and made sure I had the necessary directions to get there. This place is in Pueblo Morelos which has an authentic local feel to it!
Really good food around also; local, cheap and delicious. Andre made recommendations which we were happy about. Beach is about 20 mins walking.
Overall great experience. Will definitely go back if back in the area.
We loved staying at Casitas Kinsol. The rooms are artistic and provide a wonderful refuge. We enjoyed the gardens and the unique spaces. The hosts are very helpful and accomodating.
Un super accueil, une très chouette cabane avec beaucoup de charme. Puerto Morelos est une super endroit pour conjuguer, détente, plage et rencontre avec les mexicains. Alain a été d'extrêmement bon conseil pour les lieux où se restaurer avec les locaux. La vie dans la colonie est riche en rencontre et dépaysement. Nous avons adoré.
Christine and Alain were perfect hosts. From our arrival to our departure, they were extremely helpful with making sure we had everything we needed for a more than pleasant stay. The room is ten times better in person, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants authenticity and something unique in their travels.
Also, while we were in the middle of figuring out our itinerary, Alain was extremely patient and helpful with us. He made a great effort in calling various travel agencies and equipped us with everything we needed to know to help us move forward in our travels.
Again -- excellent hosts. If you ever make it to Puerto Morelos, you have to stay here. It is friendly. quaint, and truly a great experience.
Quite simply the most amazing beautiful place we have ever stayed. Chilled welcoming vibes. Helpful suggestions. Clean. Directions made it easy to find. Christine and Alan are two lovely souls, with an equally lovely home. Highly recommended.