Om dette opslag
Excellent for Families
Small house made of local stone in the small village of S. Vicente — S. Roque. The house is decorated with simple furniture, in accordance with the environment as well as with the origin of the house. The house has a living-room with a magnificent view to the ocean and access to a terrace. Bedroom accommodation comprises one double and one twin rooms served with one bathroom, and an equipped kitchen. There is a small garden around the house.
House of roque is located in the small village of S. Vicente, 5 Km west of S. Roque with easy access to the airport and to the boats that make connection to the other islands.
Pico island, named for its imposing mountain, is one of the most beautiful and underrated island of the Azores. Only second to S. Miguel in size the ‘Mountain Island’ stands majestically in the middle of the Azorean central group. Pico island history was built on the destiny of is whale hunting and wineries traditions. The famous Pico wines and the UESCO world patrimony designated vineyards, as well as wooden boat building, are contemporary fixtures of Pico. Whale hunting, long gone, gave way to a movement of fair treatment study and observation of whales, dolphins, and other sea mammals. Volcanic eruptions ended 300 years ago and Pico is considered a dormant volcano. The island of Pico is 55 km long and 40km wide. It is divided into 3 municipalities, “Madalena”, “São Roque”, and “Lajes”. Pico at 2,319-metres high sits atop of the world’s biggest mountain range the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.Pico is the highest point in the Azores and Portugal.
The orange House is located in the small village of S. Vicente, 5 Km west of S. Roque with easy access to the airport and to the boats that make connection to the other islands.
Please take a look at justostay - Apartments for Short term Holidays on (website hidden). Press 'LIKE' button to receive more info about our apartments.
You will have access to more information about Lisbon tours, where to go and what to do.
Madalena (justostay Team)
We would like to thank you for choosing our house in Pico and we hope you’ll love and enjoy it.
In order to appreciate it better, here are some instructions and warnings:
- It is common to listen to weird noises, like high clicks. Don’t be scared, we don’t have ghosts as you may notice you are surrounded by wood and stone: floor, structure, windows… This material has constant oscillations, it dilates and shrinks due to heat and cold, and when it happens, it makes some cracking noises.
- Don’t forget you are on the countryside so must respect nature. And because we are on countryside don’t be surprised if you have company of small little insects, like mosquitos ….They are inoffensive and take care of the house too.
- Please do not discard anything but toilet paper in the toilet, or it will produce malfunction. If the engine breaks down, it will cause a big problem with a very difficult solution. Thank you so much.
- You can find an internet shop (for free) 2klm meters away from the house, in Centro Multimedia in center of the Vila of São Roque.
- You will find board games, like cards or Backgammon,... Have fun!
Un séjour inoubliable avec Miguel et Teresa !!! Ils nous ont accompagnés dans de très nombreuses sorties (Miguel est amoureux de Pico) et nous avons partagé des soirées mémorables. L'île est magnifique et le logement très bien situé. On retournera a Pico avec Miguel et Teresa sans aucune hésitation.
Merci pour ces magnifiques vacances familiales !!!
This house is perfect for a big family. Here you get many square feet for your money. The house has everthing and has a great view to the sea and to the mountain Pico.
I would definitely recommend this house. It is however good to know that you need either a car or taxi to get from the house and around the island.
Regards Cecilie & Family
We had a great stay on Pico - especially due to the hospitality of our host Miguel and his family. We are definitely thinking about going back one day!
Denne vært har 366 omtaler af andre boliger.Se andre omtaler
Om værten, Madalena
I am Madalena.
I know that chosing the right pace to spend our holidays is not an easy task to make, that’s why we look forward to helping you make the best choice, depending on your wishes, by providing clear information.
Take a LOOK – Then BOOK!