This is a room in a home occupied by us, our pets , and other guests. To stay here you must be dog and people friendly! The cat likes friendly people too and he lives outside. We are at Lake Cowichan on Vancouver Island. Youbou is a small community on the sunny side of the lake, and our home is a 5 min walk from a public beach access. We are 10km away from the Laketown Ranch Festival Grounds and 14 km from the Town of Lake Cowichan.
The Friends and Family rooms are excellent for people traveling together or with children. 2 private rooms are included in this rental and share a full bathroom. The King Bed Room is spacious with a walk in closet where a single mattress may be set up. The 2 single beds room also has a generous closet space. The single beds are not a good choice for people over 6 feet tall. You will sleep in luxury cotton sheets and dry off with fluffy towels and plenty of them. This room requires the ability to navigate a flight of stairs. You will have a small in room coffee maker, assorted teas and bottled water. We provide soft robes for your relaxation. The space is furnished with reclaimed wood pieces sourced from our family farm. It is a cozy place to relax with a good book. We have provided a small TV and DVD player with a random selection of movies. You are welcome to stream your own device if you bring your own cord. Cell service here is terrible but we have great wifi in the house. There is a large fenced back yard with lawn chairs and picnic table, a guest kitchen which is basic but suitable for preparing meals, and parking for one vehicle per rental.
Adgang for gæster
You are allowed access to your room and bathroom only. No other rooms with doors are available to you. You are only permitted to use your own bathroom. The main floor living room is for common use and has a TV with cable that you can join in watching with Dale if you like the News, Sports, and the occasional History channel show. The back yard is available for common use and is fenced for pets. The common kitchen is located in the garage common lounge. It is for all guests and includes a stove, fridge, and a utility sink. There will be dishes and cookware. There is no condiments other than salt and pepper in the kitchen. We are not responsible for anything stored or left in the kitchen but we hope that all guests know to use only their own items unless labeled for common use, especially in the fridge. Please ask if there is a specific item in the garage you would like to borrow for your lake use ie: tube or cooler. This is important so we know who has taken what. Please refrain from using anything in my personal kitchen without my approval. There is an ample supply of beautiful guest dishes available for your primary use in the house and in guest kitchen.
Kontakt med gæster
We will be living in the home on the main floor during your stay. We love a good fun conversation with a great bottle of red or white wine in the backyard with our guests. Our fur babies will probably hound you for love and attention and make you believe they have never been fed....don't believe them! Please do not ever feed our pets without our permission as Simon is on a very very strict diet with lots of medication. If you prefer being independent & having limited interaction, we will always respect that too. I like people who are direct. So just communicate what you prefer during the initial messaging time of your booking request.
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
*This is a very natural and animal filled area. Though animals are beautiful they are also sometimes unhappy. DO NOT attempt to feed or approach any wildlife! Watch from a distance and appreciate them but do not try to get pictures next to them. Also recognize that animals poop...all animals. Sometimes there is poop in our driveway from random animals... it happens. *on the poop topic...we have 2 house dogs and an outdoor cat...they poop too. We are very clean in our home and yard but might not always be around or right there when it happens. You may also find a dead mouse on the ground as our cat is good at taking care of things but doesn't always hide it. He's a cat. Cats kill things. Sorry if you see it before we do. *Our home is on septic field so we are strict about not flushing anything other than TP ever! Also, we are in a drought area and we encourage water and power conservation. *There is a clothes line available for use on nice warm days to dry your swimsuits. WE DO NOT OFFER ANY LAUNDRY SERVICE. *There is often a fireban in summer so though we have a nice firepit for common use, it is weather depending.* NOTE: Firebans are on provincially until October unless otherwise stated. ****This has to be said again as it seems to be an issue lately: If you prefer minimal interaction with our pets, you are more then welcome to keep your room door closed, AND/OR you may take lawnchairs into the front yard where they do not roam. Vacuuming & sweeping is done daily on our home. But please keep in mind, this is Simons (80 lbs) & Noodles (17 lbs) home too. Our dogs are VERY important to us, so if you are not comfortable around dogs, our home isn't for you. ***We will NOT host any guests who are allergic to dogs. Any guests checking in and voicing this issue will need to find other accommodations immediately. Guests will be responsible to cancel booking online and there will no refund issued as we have made it very clear throughout this listing that we have dogs IN and OUT of our home and a cat outside.
Cell service is very weak.
Did you know its a requirement by Airbnb to READ and AGREE to the Host House Rules prior to a confirmed booking? As a host partner with Airbnb, I follow all policies, procedures and standards. And we expect our guests to do the same.
All of the House Rules below MUST be read all the way through to the end. Thank you.
First and Foremost, this is OUR home. And we thank you for choosing our home. We want guests to feel like this is their home too during their stay. These rules are to the benefit of everyone staying here.
We expect our guests to behave in a mature respectful manner regarding their behavior and language while we share our home with you.
We provide a beautiful room, private bathroom and a continental breakfast including but not limited to coffee/tea, toast, jam, fruit and yogurt.
1. VERY IMPORTANT - In order to get your booking approved, you will need to complete your Airbnb profile, upload a photo of yourself, upload a government ID to your Airbnb account as part of your Airbnb 4 verifications and PLEASE read all the rest of our rules. Thank you in advance.
2. There is to be NO eating of any food or snacks in the AirBnB room. There are simple beverages provided and you are welcome to have your own as well.
3. We are a SMOKE-FREE home inside. Smoking is permitted pretty much anywhere outside and please use one of the many ashtrays provided. Note: One of your hosts is a smoker and does so only outside. If you are severely sensitive to smoke this listing may not suit you.
4. Absolutely NO VISITORS to our home.
If you would like a relative/friend to pick you up, that's fine, just let us know ahead of time as to who is coming and going.
5. Any damage, extra cleaning, and/or losses to our home, room, bathroom, furniture, appliances, linens, towels, books, decorations, accessories, bike, beach gear, etc will be the financial responsibility of the booked guest.
6. Quiet time is between 10pm - 7:00am. We want our guests to have a fun time in Lake Cowichan, so feel free to come and go as you please at any time of the day or night. There is an outside motion light kept on for your convenience. Please be sure to turn off any outdoor lights and lock the door upon entering our home if you are the last ones to come in. We do not want our neighbors disturbed at all, so please be quiet and courteous upon returning to our home especially during quiet hours.
7. Please be power conscious and turn off lights when leaving your room for extended periods.
8. Please refrain from using any candles, incense or essential oils, perfume, aftershave or cologne in our home. Please put sunscreen on outside in the yard area.
9. During your stay, we are not responsible for illness, injury, theft or accidents. If you have any questions, please let us know beforehand.
10. Clear and concise communication is extremely important to me with your arrival time. Please be sure to let us know 2 days in advance when you are arriving so we may make arrangements to greet you at Check in or let you know the self check in procedure. We do not do any late checkouts. Checkout is 11am,
11. Do not flush anything down the toilets other than Toilet paper.
Denne vært har 26 omtaler af andre boliger.Se andre omtaler
We are fun travelers from Alberta and AirBnB hosts on Vancouver Island. We enjoy night life and dining out as much as we enjoy movie nights in our PJs and homemade soup.
Dale is an avid fisherman and enjoys both the lake and the ocean.
Natasha is all about the food and wine...finding it, preparing it, and eating it.
We are farmers in Alberta who take the summers off to host our B & B on Vancouver Island and have been having a wonderful time while doing it.
We like our privacy when we travel and offer that to our guests but make no mistake, if you are outgoing we love a good chat and a visit.