Located just 0.5 mile from Appalachian Tail; popular mountain biking trails & forest service rds right out of the gate; only house on the mountain with stunning long range views, convenient location close to family friendly activities while surrounded by nature inside national forest park; close to wineries, Amicalola falls and Helen town; about 13 miles from Dahlonega town square; within 2 hours driving from downtown Atlanta and airport; clean and spacious house with modern amenities.
Only house on mountain. low light pollution, making star gazing great. Amazing long range view from back of house, as well as short range mountain view from front of house. Close proximity to famous Appalachian Trail at Cooper Gap/Justus mountain. When water table is normal or high there is from a tranquil creek walk on property to raucous loud creek walk with waterfall. Forest service roads from property can take you to tranquil mountain lake, start of Appalachian Trail, Long creek falls at three forks ,and much more. Also there is a young organic orchard I am cultivating and slowly expanding. When fruit is in season will sell extra to guests at fair price. Over 2 thousand square feet of decking to take in the view, as well as large stone patio. Private large upper deck for one of the upstairs guest rooms. access to great stone patio from lower level bedroom. Fantastic views from every room in the house. A brand new 6 person 51 jet hot tub with longer, led light, waterfall, and great long range view to enjoy while in the spa. A lot of unique features with this property. We also offer a selection of K-cup coffee, hot chocolate, teas, organic fruit, as well we keep some oatmeal and bagels there for guests. We also provide shampoo and body wash for guest use while staying.
Adgang for gæster
full access to 28 acres and house. with exception to a closet, half closet, and parts of the barn.
Kontakt med gæster
I will be available to help through your entire stay
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
1) driving: We will send directions after you schedule your vacation. Please follow our directions. GPS can take you up another way that is not ideal. If following our directions it's just a 2 mile drive from Camp wahsega rd on a well-maintained forest service road before arriving our gate.
2) Parking: There is no car garage, but there are plenty of space to park in front of the house.
No pets. Most of the floors are wide plank face nailed pine floors, and leather furniture easily damaged by dogs nails. There are a few rooms that are tiled, and one room with stained concrete. There is no carpeting.
- children are allowed, however be aware house is not child proofed
- reservations from responsible adults only. Guest who's name is on reservation is responsible for all other guests children and or visitors safety and damages during entire stay.
- outdoor fires in fire pit only. No fireworks as per ga law in/around national forest.
- no hunting or shootng firearms on property.
- cannot excede max capacity specified
- please only pick fruit designated "in season" for small additional specified cost
I am a mountain biker and love hiking, kayaking, and other outdoor activities. I volunteer with Georgia Appalachian trail club as a maintainer of section 4.1 and 4.6, also as district 4 leader. Since I and my wife bought this property in 2010, we have lived here for 6 years, and it is our piece of heaven. We have put an incredible amount of time and money over the past 6 years to make this and continue to make this a mountain paradise. Now we open it to you and hope you will enjoy your stay and love this place as much as we do.