Stay at our off-the-grid farm in the Shepherds Hut and old Sydney Train carriage.
Our petite handmade Shepherds Hut is 3x2 metres with a double bed it is situated in a beautiful paddock by the creek surrounded by Alpacas.
Our rustic Train carriage has camp kitchen with cooking facilities and 12v fridge, waterless-composting toilet, hot & cold shower facilities, an outdoor bath, indoor lounge with gas fire, huge outdoor 'hang-out' deck and 2nd bedroom with Queen bed.
This is Glamping Style!
We live in a small beautiful secluded valley surrounded by bushland. Our paddocks are the local Wollaroo favourites with good grass all year round. We grow seasonal produce, especially in autumn, spring and summer, which you are welcome to share.
The tiny handmade Shepherd Hut was made locally and can be moved for the best seasonal position. The hut has a double bed and a lovely natural area to sit outside and relax. It is near a paved shed which can be used for other essentials, cooking or extra cover.
Our Train deck is the perfect place to hang out and watch our huacaya alpacas, miniature cattle, guinea fowl and chickens move about the farm totally surrounded by bushland and creek frontage.
The train deck is shared with us and is set up like a camp site ie., you sleep in one area and then you walk up to the kitchenette/bathroom facilities. The wood-fired pizza oven is now completed.
Please ensure you take the time to read our T&C's before you book or feel free to send us a query.
Adgang for gæster
Road access is by standard 2WD & 4WD but you will need detailed directions. Our road is not suitable for motorbikes. Our neighbours kids ride their horses on our road so keep an eye out for them. Our road is a dirt track road with potholes and surrounded by thick bush. It is steep but only in a small section. It looks rough but any standard 2WD car can get up it.
We have limited wi-fi (unreliable) and there is no mobile reception in Laguna, which is a great excuse to unwind from it all. If you pop up to the house we can sort out the wi-fi and we have a fixed landline phone.
Kontakt med gæster
We are here for your arrival & departure and to show you around. I will give you a quick tour of the Shepherds Hut including the kitchenette and also how the waterless-composting toilet works plus a couple of other lovely features. We move around the farm often to get things done, which we can involve you in as much, or as little, as you like.
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
- We are off-the-grid & we love it. That means there are no toasters, hairdryers, dishwashers. (We don't miss them either!).
- The Hut has 12v lighting and power.
- The Train has gas lighting and limited 12v lighting. 240v access is possible.
- Rainwater is harvested for the house, livestock & the produce we grow.
- Please shut all gates to protect our livestock.
- Drive slow down our 1k driveway as there are wombats, roo's, lyrebirds, goanna's and a lot of native birds and pot holes.
- Look out for our neighbours kids on their horses and ponies.
- The Shepherd Hut is petite at 3x2 metres with a double mattress.
- There is a dam to cool down on a hot day with lilo's to use.
- We are a working farm so usually it's just Euan & myself going about our daily farm tasks on the tractor.
- We are still building and continue to upgrade facilities as we go for the best farm stay possible for our guests and our livestock.
- The train shared camp kitchen and washroom is currently near completion but already in good working order.
- Pack an esky so you can enjoy brekkie, lunch or dinner on the train deck.
- The Hut is insulated & the hang-out area has a gas heater. The train bedroom is not insulated and only rented out in Spring/Summer.
- The train deck is shared with us on occasion as the wood fired pizza oven is located there. BBQ also available.
- No feeding the livestock and keep gates closed.
- Driveway good for 4x4 & standard 2 wheel drive (not suitable for motorbikes).
- No children, No pets, No smokers.
- No evening bonfires unless we have the relevant fire permits in place.
- Drive slow on our road as there is wildlife about and children on ponies.
- For first time visitors best to arrive before dark to ensure you find our place as without mobile coverage it can be difficult.
- We are a working farm and safety is our priority. A waiver will be left for all visitors to sign. Agreement of your visit here forms part of our waiver agreement.