Newly renovated and furnished house one mile from the beach and boardwalk in the historic beach town of Asbury Park. This house is perfect for families/friends; close to family friendly activities, great dining, iconic music venues, and nightlife. We have 3 bikes available for use (one with a toddler seat), a lovely fenced in backyard perfect for relaxing, BBQ grill on the back deck and a family room with large screen TV perfect for movie night. A comfortable home for a Jersey Shore escape.
This is a split level home built in the 50s and has a Brady Bunch charm to it. We mostly decorated it mid-century modern, but made the downstairs family room nice and comfy cozy with a soft sectional couch and big screen TV. The living room is perfect for family relaxing, reading, listening to records or fixing a cocktail. The upstairs bedrooms are spacious, two with queen beds, and one "kids" room with a single, room for a pack 'n play crib or the extra mattress in the closet (non-kids are welcome in this room too!). The kitchen is newly remodeled, the back deck right off the kitchen is perfect for grilling- there is large BBQ grill for your use- and outdoor dining, and the backyard is enclosed with a fence and yours to relax and hang out in. There is a blow-up kiddie pool in the shed which you are welcome to use if it's hot.
Adgang for gæster
You have access to the entire house and backyard except for the downstairs basement- you are welcome to use the laundry machines here but we are storing/organizing a lot of stuff in the rest of this area.
Kontakt med gæster
I can be reached by cell (call or text): (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Erica. My husband is Ezra, (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). We live in Brooklyn, NY so we have some local friends helping manage the place, Kelle who is local: +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) and then you may meet Isai as well if you need something (and he sometimes deals with our garbage and is our handiman/ contractor when things need fixing.)
Andre ting, der er værd at bemærke
The lawn is mowed every other week, so the landscapers may show up while you're here.
Garbage is picked up Saturday and Wednesday and recycling is picked up on Thursdays. We may have someone come to take out the garbage on Tuesday night and bring cans back on Wednesday night and same for Friday night/ Saturday AM. So make sure your garbage and recycling is out in the garbage shed in backyard next to the house. And note, someone may be back there that works for us to remove the trash/ recycling while you're here.
- Ideal for 5 people, but can sleep up to 7-8; 2 queen beds and one twin bed across three bedrooms. We have 2 additional twin mattresses in closet in kids room for the floor (extra twin sheet sets in linen closet in "twin bin"), a travel crib and an ottoman that turns into a thinner than twin bed in the family room.
- Respect neighbors; keep volume to a minimum at night.
- Basement has laundry, but area is not cleaned up; there is abundant storage in basement. Be careful when going into area to do laundry and avoid areas beyond the washer and dryer.
- Do not use the slot car track in basement, it's under construction.
- Avoid getting sand in the house. Shake out all towels and remove sand from your body in lawn, don't bring in house or get in showers.
- No shoes on in house; please leave shoes by doors.
- House has both central air and heating. They are separate thermostats. They should be turned off before leaving house. AC is in upstairs hallway, heat is in living room. Only have one on at a time.
- Front storm door is missing a piece, so there's an opening on the bottom. Please keep main door closed to not let bugs and hot air in, as much as possible.
- Please strip beds before leaving and start one load of laundry of linens.
- Please bring out garbage and recycling to the garbage shed in backyard before leaving.
- Leave kitchen sink clean before leaving house. Either do dishes or load dishwasher/ start dishwasher before leaving. Make sure to get all food off plates before loading.
- While there is a canoe for guest use (local lake nearby) - the trailer is out of service; so cannot use until fixed.
- Gardens have automatic irrigation system, do NOT turn off outside water spigots. If you want to use hose, use backyard spigot and turn little black lever on left side to turn hose on - do not adjust knob itself or touch right side lever.
- Always lock bikes - bike lock codes in guidebook/detailed description section. Bikes are in shed out back.
- Feel free to use beach chairs, umbrella, and toys. They are in coat closet in living room. But make sure to remove all sand before storing.
- Feel free to use beach towels (linen closet), beach tote (hall closet near front door), chairs, umbrella, and toys (shed in backyard). However, make sure to remove all sand before storing or placing in laundry.
- Keep all doors locked any time you leave. We will leave keys for front door on key hook in kitchen, but please don't take them with you and mostly rely on the key code door in back to come in and out.
From Brooklyn, NY. Co-owner of a small consulting business in NYC. Married to Ezra, a musician and writer, and mother of our sweet little girl, Ila. We love to travel, love the outdoors, and now love to relax and play with our daughter! Our Asbury house was my father's who passed away and left us the house. It's a special place for us to get away and we look forward to sharing it with others.