Recently renovated as of June 2016!
This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom two-story home three blocks from the main business district in the Village of Sackets Harbor. Long-term business travel or family vacation rental from May through the end of October.
An individual room is available for rent in another listing at this address and is available from September 2017 to April 2018.
Uniquely themed with ajourd'huis abroad and beach-themes. This house was built in the early twentieth century in downtown Sackets Harbor. It was originally a lathe and plaster build, but has been updated heavily upstairs for better insulation and repair with dry walls. The downstairs has received updates over the decades by previous owners -- most recent a 1990s kitchen/dining room/living room. The downstairs bathroom has been updated for 2016 standards. The plumbing, electrical, and hvac system have been updated in 2016 and air conditioning was installed as well for 2016.
Adgang for gæster
This is the entire house!
The basement is receiving upgrades and will have a small greenhouse with herbs and other organics available for those guests doing some cooking and wanting to enjoy organic aquaponic vegetables/produce!
Kontakt med gæster
Typically the host is somewhere on the Northeast coast and can coordinate assistance when required.
- Do not light candles -- decor only, there is an addendum to sign here.
- Responsible for damages done by pets -- also on addendum.
- Pets must be approved on a basis. You agree if your pet is unattended that it will be able to stay in the crate downstairs that is provided. The crate is oversized and gives any canine or two small canines plenty of room to spread out and stand/walk.
- Do not leave the floors a mess. Clean up after yourself. There are four brooms and 2 mops and plenty of cleaning agents provided.
- Do carefully bag your trash into the trash cans. There will be a charge of $50 if trash has to be resorted because it was haphazardly thrown into the outside can or stuffed it into garbage bags until the bags failed. There are many garbage bags provided on the premise. If you run out, I will happily reimburse you for bags you buy and leave excess with receipt.
- Do sort cans, glass, plastic and cardboard separately and place at basement steps. We recycle and I will take it if you cannot get to the recycle center a mile away near the Sackets Harbor Battlefield
- Do not use the bookshelves as places to set food or drink. Books go here.
- Do keep beverages and food in the appropriate areas.
- Do only have water available at the bed stands if you must have a drink while in bed. No eating in bed. Do not leave makeup/lipstick on at night -- you will be charged to replace the high-quality linens provided if they are damaged by personal beauty products.
- Do not move beds, bookcases, or any kind of furniture you would not consider a chair/stool.
- Do not jump on beds!
- Do not litter outside in the back yard.
- Do wash all dishes in the dish washer & put away what you can, carefully, as it was found.
- Do wipe tables and counters down in kitchen/dining room/day room after meals and before leaving.
- Do leave all towels on floor of downstairs bathroom or start in washer before leaving (towels of same/similar colors, warm cycle, no bleach). Dry and fold if you have time is appreciated.
- Do strip beds carefully that have been used and leave in individual bedrooms for laundering.
Recently separated from the Air Force after 10+ years as a commissioned officer specializing in air mobility operations. I'm studying in New England to improve my computer savvy and augment my Information Technology skills.
I'm also an owner of several rental properties and working towards a small business plan to operate an aquaponics organic farm in the future. Eventually I'd like to have several properties scattered across the tropics for air bnb vacationers on a budget seeking serenity and connectivity with their environment.
I like to help coordinate efforts and have often said my efforts "help hook up Hopes and Dreams into Reality." I enjoy project management and enacting new visionary objectives inline with this motto.